Gaming Pyro
Welcome to Gaming Pyro

Please Login
Gaming Pyro
Welcome to Gaming Pyro

Please Login
Gaming Pyro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
How does Gaming Pyro layout look?
It looks GREAT!
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_lcap33%The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 33 ]
It looks pretty good
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_lcap36%The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 36 ]
It looks ok I guess
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_lcap15%The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 15 ]
It looks -meh-...passable
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_lcap8%The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
It looks terrible
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_lcap8%The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 100
Wii U Pro Controller [pre-E3 info]
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm by GP NEWS FEED
Wii U Pro Controller Revealed

During Nintendo Direct 6-3-12, Nintendo has revealed that the Wii U will support a traditional controller as well. No price was reveled, but here is a picture that …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Just recieved a newsletter today in my email
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 5:17 pm by kotsuumo

» sigh...
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:55 am by kotsuumo

» Future soldier beta
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 am by xamprince

» need ghost recon future soldier code.
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 am by xamprince

» xbox code wanted
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:04 pm by xamprince

» FREE Ghost Recon: Future Soldier BETA KEYS!!!! PS3 + Xbox 360
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:57 am by xamprince

» Could this be the next step forward or is it a doomed dream?
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:45 pm by SuitFace

» Still no release date
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm by SuitFace

» Wii U Pro Controller [pre-E3 info]
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm by GP NEWS FEED

» Fanfiction time! 8D
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm by silver bunny

» Oh **** yes, The Last Story is coming to NA
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:24 pm by SuitFace

» Anyone playing Metal Gear Online?
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm by SuitFace

» NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:18 pm by SuitFace

» Max Payne 3 ships with two disc for the Xbox 360 & it's not a port.
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm by SuitFace

» Weclome H E R O Posters
The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:59 pm by SuitFace

Gaming Pyro Navigation
 News
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Resulli

Resulli

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 314

The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty
PostSubject: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:36 am

Lately the songs of MLP have been getting better. (Of course, just about everything in Season 2 is better than the first season. Very Happy)

I'm going to give a few examples and you tell me what you think of the songs.

Season 1

Winter Wrap Up

This song has been a particular favorite of the MLP fandom. It has quite a catchy tune indeed.

From the episode: Winter Wrap Up

Giggle at the Ghosties

A very upbeat song about conquering your fears by simply laughing at them and realizing that some fears are mostly in your head!

From the episode: The Mare In The Moon (Part 2)

Art of the Dress

This song has a more aloof sound to it, in the sense that it goes with someone with class who still fits in with a cartoon. This is my personal favorite of all the Season 1 songs, I love Rarity's voice and feel it's the best of the singing voices of the show. Also, in my opinion, this song is more "full" as a song than the others I previously posted.

(Note: This song is where the famous phrase within the MLP community "20% cooler" came from.

From the episode: Suited For Success

[size=150]Season 2[/size]

Becoming Popular (The Pony Everypony Should Know)

This song has more of a pop feel to it, less showtune-y like some of the other songs in the series. This was the song that really started showing Season 2 was getting better than Season 1 in my eyes.

From the episode: Sweet and Elite

May The Best Pet Win

This song goes back into the more showtune-y type song but what this song does is it improves as the song goes along. It starts out kind of cheesy but it gets better and better as they go through each animals. The last minute or so is particularly good imo.

From the episode: May The Best Pet Win

Smile, Smile, Smile

This song almost sounds a bit country-ish to me but this song really brings out the flavour in Pinkie Pie's singing voice (for an easy comparison refer to Giggle at the Ghosties posted above). Unfortunately, so far Rarity and Pinkie are the only ones who have had songs that really bring out their personality and make their singing voices flourish but hopefully in later episodes we see more songs like this and Becoming Popular.

From the episode: A Friend In Deed

------------------------

Here ends my presentation of the music numbers that appear throughout the current seasons of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (As of Season 2 Episode 18)

Hope y'all enjoyed!
Back to top Go down
sknmak

sknmak

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 87

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:16 pm

I've never watched that show. I see the youtube vids have a lot of views. I usually watch shows like The Walking Dead and Spartacus. Tell me about this little pony fandom
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Well basically the newest generation of My Little Pony (Generation 4 specifically titled Friendship is Magic) has been able to grab the attention of many people of many different age groups. It started out on 4chan which originally made it popular (somehow) but instead of negative feedback the show got a ton of positive feedback and eventually grew into a huge fandom which is surprisingly made up of males between the ages of 13 and 30 for the most part. It's garnered a lot of attention because on top of it being frilly and focused on bubbly subjects like friendship the main characters are so colorful that the plotlines actually turn out to be pretty good (yet still simple since it is still primarily a kids' show)

But the plotlines, while centered around learning a lesson about friendship, have many different ways of experessing it ranging from athletic competitions to learning how to be responsible with babies to outright action-packed sequences that are a very clear tribute to Indiana Jones. It's not just "Gotta make friends and treat people well" as there is a lot of adventure and action as well. But the characters have such great personalities that everyone loves them too.

Twilight Sparkle is a bookworm who is usually the voice of reason during a crisis and gets down to business quickly but she's really neat and tidy...almost too neat and tidy to the point when she misses an imaginary deadline she goes insane and tries to MAKE trouble to solve the problem. (It's a fun episode)

Fluttershy is a very very shy pony who loves animals but when her friends are messed with she turns into quite a tough cookie and can quite literally stare down a dragon (Which she does do and makes him apologize for causing trouble even though she was previously quite afraid of said dragon)

Rarity is a prim and proper Lady who has a great fashion sense and likes to stay clean and loves to be popular but when it comes down to business she's not afraid to get down and dirty.

What draws people to these characters is not only their original personality but the fact that the show continuously explores deeper levels of their personality like what happens when all that they are is stripped away from them and how they react to the situation.
Back to top Go down
sknmak

sknmak

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 pm

I see you are really into those little pony's. I think I will start watching the Samurai Jack episodes again. that was a great cartoon when I was a teen. Sorry to get off topic. I might check that pony show out as well, but it's probably something I'll try to watch with my gf. We watch a lot of anime like the DBZ, Inuyasha, Vampire Hunter D etc. I'm always open to other things I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Yes, I love My Little Pony. lol

I never was into Samurai Jack much but it was mostly the artstyle. Never particularly liked it. I've seen some episodes and liked it but there were other shows I much preferred like Dexter's Lab.
Back to top Go down
sknmak

sknmak

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Yeah it was a different type of cartoon. I loved it for the most part. Also I contacted Silver Bunny and he or she [?] is coming back to the board.
Back to top Go down
silver bunny

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 88

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm

cant say i am a pony fan but i know some people who actually watches it.
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm sure everyone knows at least one person who watches but they don't necessarily know that that one person watches it because many people hide it because of the bullying bronies (official name of MLP fans, particularly of the male persuasion) get when the show is mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Latia Azure

Latia Azure

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 36

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Oh wow... although I personally strongly dislike My Little Pony, their songs and singing does sound a bit catchy. I'm now curious on what made it so popular.
Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 860

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 pm

LOL fight fight fight....lol just joking Smile He seems to love the pony's you seem to hate them. I wonder how this will turn out
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:29 am

Razz Naw, I don't fight as long as people aren't insulting me for liking what I like.

MLP...well it's hard to say what people like about it because everyone has their reasons. It has amazing animations, it's songs are very catchy, it's morals tend to grab people, it's got comedy similar to Loony Toons at times, has a great cast of characters who's personalities it isn't afraid to break in extreme situations, etc.

There's as much action as there is the friendship lessons. There are awesome villains who are comical and yet still give off an air of animosity and threat towards the world.

It's something that, if you haven't watched it yourself already, should be seen to know. You can't say you hate it if you haven't seen it, if you have seen it and still say it then I cannot convince you otherwise nor would I try to, I just hope that no one judges anyone else who do likes it.

It's a rule within the fandom:

Love and tolerate.

Because that's what the show teaches us in a lot of cases. Though sometimes we gotta use more extreme cases...like this:

The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Twilight-sparkle
Back to top Go down
Latia Azure

Latia Azure

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 36

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:01 pm

I do agree on some of the stuff that you say about how it got popular. I guess its worth looking up. I do respect some of the fans (and well you pretty much won mine) but there are people who take the show as a new religion or something and its a little sickening in my opinion. Homestuck is less mainstream but is almost like ponies. But that's not important. I just laugh at people when they call themselves "bronies" or whatever its called.
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Well just like every other big fandom the product in question isn't as good as it's made out to be. That doesn't mean it's bad either though, obviously it has such a big fanbase for a reason but letting hype get to you is bad.

Just remember to go in with an open mind and not judging it just from the first episode you watch. A lot of the episodes are very different from the others and you definitely can't judge the series by the first two in the series. The first two are usually said to be a good start but they say nothing about the series itself. On top of that, the second season itself has gotten better and better and basically improved upon everything the first season did right.

Going in expecting it to be "omg best thing evar" is about as bad as watching it expecting to hate it. There are those who follow it religiously and love the fan stuff just as religiously and bronies are not JUST the most hardcore fans as many people in the fanbase consider themselves bronies. You are only a brony if you consider yourself to be one but just because you aren't doesn't mean you can't like the show anyway.

It's a "Watch it for yourself" experience for sure.
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Er...that was longer than it probably needed to be. The shorter version is:

Don't go in expecting it to be good or bad, go in and watch it reasonably like you would anything else and decide for yourself if you like it or not. Just because you like it that doesn't mean you have to be a super fan of it. It's perfectly reasonable to treat it just like the other shows you watch and not carry it above everything else.
Back to top Go down
sknmak

sknmak

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:23 pm

I understand what you are saying. I have a lot of shows I need to catch up on. I doubt if I ever watch the pony's. On the other hand I might take the time to watch it someday.
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Well it'll always be there for when you decide to get around to it. Plus they've started releasing DVDs as well so you could always check those out if they become difficult to find on the internet or are no longer played on The Hub (The channel they are aired on now)

It's not like there is any rush to see it but keep in mind there is a slight benefit for getting into something while it's hot rather than after the fact. Right now MLP:FiM is hot hot hot and you can get some serious interaction with it's fanbase, if you wait until after the series ends you may not be able to get into all that. Not that you necessarily would have the time for it anyway but it's just a thought on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The music of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Pyro :: Social Forums :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: