Gaming Pyro
Welcome to Gaming Pyro

Please Login
Gaming Pyro
Welcome to Gaming Pyro

Please Login
Gaming Pyro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
How does Gaming Pyro layout look?
It looks GREAT!
Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_lcap33%Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 33 ]
It looks pretty good
Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_lcap36%Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 36 ]
It looks ok I guess
Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_lcap15%Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 15 ]
It looks -meh-...passable
Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_lcap8%Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
It looks terrible
Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_lcap8%Which do you think is usually better? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 100
Wii U Pro Controller [pre-E3 info]
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm by GP NEWS FEED
Wii U Pro Controller Revealed

During Nintendo Direct 6-3-12, Nintendo has revealed that the Wii U will support a traditional controller as well. No price was reveled, but here is a picture that …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Just recieved a newsletter today in my email
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 5:17 pm by kotsuumo

» sigh...
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:55 am by kotsuumo

» Future soldier beta
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 am by xamprince

» need ghost recon future soldier code.
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 am by xamprince

» xbox code wanted
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:04 pm by xamprince

» FREE Ghost Recon: Future Soldier BETA KEYS!!!! PS3 + Xbox 360
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:57 am by xamprince

» Could this be the next step forward or is it a doomed dream?
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:45 pm by SuitFace

» Still no release date
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm by SuitFace

» Wii U Pro Controller [pre-E3 info]
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm by GP NEWS FEED

» Fanfiction time! 8D
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm by silver bunny

» Oh **** yes, The Last Story is coming to NA
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:24 pm by SuitFace

» Anyone playing Metal Gear Online?
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm by SuitFace

» NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:18 pm by SuitFace

» Max Payne 3 ships with two disc for the Xbox 360 & it's not a port.
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm by SuitFace

» Weclome H E R O Posters
Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:59 pm by SuitFace

Gaming Pyro Navigation
 News
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Which do you think is usually better?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Latia Azure

Latia Azure

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 36

Which do you think is usually better? Empty
PostSubject: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 pm

You know how some TV shows have Game spinoffs and vise versa? Some say that the TV shows are way better than the games while others say otherwise. I'm on the borderline of that because some video games were better than its show while the show was way better than the game. And here are some examples of those:

Pokemon:
The games are pretty amazing. They got a little complicated with EV and IV stats but their games are just cool. However, the show itself went from "Call of Duty" amazing to just terrible. Our main characters Ash Ketchum and Pikachu are probably the most cliche characters in history. Why do I say that? Pikachu is probably on level 1000 or something but still loses to beginners. Then they meet many legendary pokemon and didn't throw a single Master Ball at any of them. So the games are way better obviously.

Sonic:
The Sonic series when it comes to its games were the reason why I started playing games in the first place. Although the newer games are a little weaker (but coming back), the high speed action and characters get better as they go. (maybe not silver but hes still part of the team) The cartoons from long ago were a little irrelevant because due to my studies, Sonic SatAM only was animated from the comics. Sonic Underground had no game (it would've been amazing if they did), and The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog only had a few characters used in hidden games (such as Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine). The only TV show that contributed to the games was Sonic X which was strongly related to Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. (even though characters like chris thorndike and cosmo weren't even included due to the games were rather old) I would have to say that both were pretty good.

Mario:
Whoever seen the movie around the late 1990's, the movie was rather scarring and weird. It was pretty vague about the Super Mario Bros. series but maybe about what it would be like if the game was "realistic". The one little TV show that came and went instantly had some popular internet memes (i.e. "Lotsa spaghetti!") but was pretty weak. The voices were just plain terrible in my opinion. However, the games (even the older ones) are just beautiful. From the NES sidescrolling to the 3D action. Mario games beat their weird episodes.

Do you think the same things? And are their other games/TV shows with spinoffs that were good or bad? This is one little discussion I'm looking forward to.
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 314

PostSubject: Re: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Could we include movies in this discussion too? I've only seen a few game movies but I've played more movie games.

On the topic of the Sonic cartoons, I've always loved them but as far as the Sonic fandom goes they are considered their own facet and not meant to be connected to the games other than a few references here and there to aspects of the games. Same goes for the comics and movie. Personally I'm a fan of all aspects of the Sonic fandom (I'm a mega Sonic fanboy. Very Happy) and I'm glad the cartoons have little to nothing to do with the games honestly. Also, to correct what you said, Sonic SatAM was the original product, the Archie comics were based on that rather than it the other way around. Fun fact though: Sonic Spinball is actually the only completed game based on the Sonic games and apparently has references to the show all over the place. I haven't played Sonic Spinball in forever so when I replay it I'm gonna have to see if I can spot any since I've seen the show like a million times over since I have the full series on DVD. xD
Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 860

PostSubject: Re: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 pm

I like just about all of the Sonic TV series. Sonic X was "ok" and was based around Sonic Adventures + SA2. I thought the cartoon had way more potential. As for Pokemon I used to watch the cartoons as a kid in the morning before school. It was good, but I agree it got terrible.

I personally enjoy the games over the cartoons. Especially Mario. When Nintendo sold the rights and allowed another company to use the name and make a movie it was terrible. Nintendo hasn't done that since. Same goes for the Zelda CD-I games which were terrible and I know the Zelda games had nothing to do with the topic. Just saying.

With all of that being said I actually like BOTH. Sometimes the TV shows\movies are better. Being a gamer I will always choose the games over the shows. The original developers who actually made the game and can always tell the story much better. When you think of TV shows the writers always add side quests\episodes that has nothing to do with the storyline. They also drag the TV's shows on and on to complete a season. Movie wise we have some good and bad just as we do with the TV shows.
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:32 am

Zelda actually does belong in this discussion because, much like Mario, the Legend of Zelda got it's own cartoon series as well. Although I'm used to newer Zelda with the three Triforce and such so when I saw this pig Ganon and only two pieces of the Triforce I was rather confused before I realized it must have taken it's inspiration from the early Zelda games which I have little knowledge of.
Back to top Go down
silver bunny

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 88

PostSubject: Re: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 pm

I really like the games better than the actual cartoons. i think it all has to do with age. cartoons are aimed at the younger generation during the morning hours and saturday mornings. The movies can go both ways. We're not talking about movies I know. Just saying. If you younger you might like the cartoons. older could like both or the games better.
Back to top Go down
Resulli

Resulli

PostSubject: Re: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Age doesn't necessarily mean anything for everyone though. There are some, like myself and my mother, who enjoy watching cartoons more than we watch more "adult shows"

Though we don't go without for too long. I still watch anime of varying age groups.
Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 860

PostSubject: Re: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Well I think age does matter at some point for SOME people....not everyone. Yes we have Anime's that are aimed at late teens and adults. I guess it all depends. It's pretty obvious.
Back to top Go down
Reese88

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 72

PostSubject: Re: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Gotta give it to my boy Mario !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which do you think is usually better?   Which do you think is usually better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which do you think is usually better?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Pyro :: Social Forums :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: