Gaming Pyro
Welcome to Gaming Pyro

Please Login
Gaming Pyro
Welcome to Gaming Pyro

Please Login
Gaming Pyro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
How does Gaming Pyro layout look?
It looks GREAT!
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_lcap33%What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 33 ]
It looks pretty good
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_lcap36%What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 36 ]
It looks ok I guess
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_lcap15%What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 15 ]
It looks -meh-...passable
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_lcap8%What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
It looks terrible
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_lcap8%What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 100
Wii U Pro Controller [pre-E3 info]
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm by GP NEWS FEED
Wii U Pro Controller Revealed

During Nintendo Direct 6-3-12, Nintendo has revealed that the Wii U will support a traditional controller as well. No price was reveled, but here is a picture that …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Just recieved a newsletter today in my email
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 5:17 pm by kotsuumo

» sigh...
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:55 am by kotsuumo

» Future soldier beta
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 am by xamprince

» need ghost recon future soldier code.
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 am by xamprince

» xbox code wanted
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:04 pm by xamprince

» FREE Ghost Recon: Future Soldier BETA KEYS!!!! PS3 + Xbox 360
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:57 am by xamprince

» Could this be the next step forward or is it a doomed dream?
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:45 pm by SuitFace

» Still no release date
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm by SuitFace

» Wii U Pro Controller [pre-E3 info]
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm by GP NEWS FEED

» Fanfiction time! 8D
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm by silver bunny

» Oh **** yes, The Last Story is coming to NA
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:24 pm by SuitFace

» Anyone playing Metal Gear Online?
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm by SuitFace

» NEW PlayStation 4 rumors. Here's the latest info......
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:18 pm by SuitFace

» Max Payne 3 ships with two disc for the Xbox 360 & it's not a port.
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm by SuitFace

» Weclome H E R O Posters
What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:59 pm by SuitFace

Gaming Pyro Navigation
 News
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
barkisiswilling

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 85

What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year Empty
PostSubject: What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year   What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Now granted it was not a 'fair fight' MS burned half a billion advertising Kinect, but it paid off - Kinect and Slim beat up PS3 pretty bad. PS2 is quickly slipping down and out in the US at least, and PSP is pretty much dead as well. Wii staid strong, MOVE and Kinect ironically competed more with each other than their inspiration....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418652

[i]If you want to look at the recent holiday season as "Round 1" of the motion controls battle between Microsoft and Sony, it would appear that Microsoft's Kinect is winning handily (bad pun, considering that it's "hands free" gaming). Not only has Kinect quickly shipped 8 million units, but for the month of December, Xbox 360 Kinect bundles outsold PS3 Move bundles considerably. The software for the motion camera is faring far better too, according to Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter.

"About one fifth of PS3 sales included bundles with Sony’s Move controller, suggesting a modest third month (we have chosen not to subscribe to peripheral data). About half of Xbox 360 sales included bundles with Microsoft’s Kinect peripheral, as Xbox 360 Kinect console bundles outsold PS3 Move console bundles by 5:1," Pachter said.

"Microsoft announced that it has shipped 8 million Kinect units since launch (in November), which was raised from its earlier goal of 5 million. More significantly, in our view, the top two selling Kinect software titles outsold the top two Move titles by over 13:1."[/i]

The thing is, neither Kinect and ESPECIALLY MOVE are going to get any meaningful exclusive 3rd party software for it. Move can easy get better 1rst party stuff, but again, they are buried, it will not even pay off for [b]Sony[/b], for pete's sake.

Anyway, pretty pathetic on both Sony and MS part when it came to making software, er, I mean cloneware....

I am not sure how Sony ever regains the momentum they used to have, and I have no idea who will take Kinect to the next level, or if MS will stick with it next gen or not...

What say you? Do you even care? Does anyone care?
Back to top Go down
SaferEmerald

SaferEmerald

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 241

What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year Empty
PostSubject: Re: What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year   What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:38 pm

I'll disagree about the PSP being dead. I happily own one, has some great games on it and some more new ones coming out in March (Dissidia 012: Duodecim, and Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday), and they're now getting geared up for the PSP2.

But yeah, Kinect and Move have like no games lol. Still, I want a PS3. (God of War 3, Kratos in Mortal Kombat 9 [giggity], FFXIII, Bayonetta, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 [my dad actually owns this one haha. He loves FPSes]), plus Mass Effect 2 is getting ported to it with more features and ME3 will be coming out for it as well.

The biggest thing that moves the PS3 is that it doubles as a Blu-Ray player, that you just so happen to be able to play games on. Plus it has free online so that makes it better than M$ (imo, anyway).

If I had more money to spend I'd have all the consoles except the 360, they're all great.
Back to top Go down
barkisiswilling

G. Pyro Points [GPP] : 85

PostSubject: Re: What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year   What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 am

Well, PSP is pretty much dead. Just look at software sales in the US....certainly it is not dead in Japan.

A console that is dead for a sustained period at the end of its life like PSP does its successor console no favors. Add to this the power of 3DS, the staying power of the DS line as low budget gaming, the emergence of western portable gaming in iphone and smart phones in general, the growing drum beat of severe western bias against Japanese consoles, and the fact that Sony seems to have every intention of going extreme high end with PSP2....

And you have a tough road ahead for PSP2.

Sony as a gaming brand is in a state pf serious decline in the U.S., having been usurped by Microsoft, Nintendo and Apple on every front. The reason you only read negative news about Nintendo is because they are a threat, Sony more and more does not matter to the fortunes of Microsoft. Microsoft wants to transition game consoles into a subscription entertainment service, it gives them a steady and reliable revenue stream that way. They will continue to have more in common and more in competition with cable companies as time goes on.

The current battle for gaming is traditional consoles (read, Nintendo consoles) against subscription consoles, the old Sony model of a traditional console with a major 3rd party exclusive support is long dead, and Sony played a huge role in killing that model with the PS3.

More and more, you take for granted that any given game franchise will be 'everywhere' -it is just a matter of who you want to pay to play it. This plays a role in giving Nintendo exclusives even more market power - they are found but one place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year   What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What chance to you give MOVE, given it was completely buried by Kinect this year
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Pyro :: Sony :: Playstation 3-
Jump to: